Wednesday, October 3

Peeping Enmasse

I was passing through Anand Vihar Bus stop in east Delhi when I saw a blue line bus grounded because it had developed some technical snag. Many passengers (almost all males) had alighted from the bus and were standing on the pavement. A rather shoddy looking helper guy had gone under the bus to repair it, but no one took notice of him. I came on the scene when an extremely handsome guy of around 21 years was removing his trousers after wrapping a flimsy towel around him. He looked very sexy doing that. I could not but help looking at him and stopping by just for his sake, on the pretext of being an onlooker.

The man got under the bus and lied down to repair it in a way that if you were to peep down there you'd be sure to watch underneath his towel. It was an extremely sexy situation and I could hardly prevent myself from looking under the bus. Actually, it was not easy to look under the bus from the pavement. You'd have to sit down and still need to bend yourself down in order to do it, and it would be very obvious why you're doing it, since the guy was there in a 'vulnerable' situation.

But to my surprise one of the guys standing on the pavements gathered the courage to sit down on the pavement and bent his head to look inside. That was very brave and I knew why he was looking down the bus. Now I had a precedent and I too gathered the courage to bend down and take a peep although momentarily --- I was too embarrassed to do that. However, soon after I had taken a peep, about a dozen other guys standing on the pavement sat down on the pavement itself and started to peek down. It was obvious that they were trying to catch a glimpse of his undies or whatever was beneath his exposed towel. That guy really looked something.

It was amazing how open men still were towards male eroticism in a fast heterosexualising India of 2007.

Purusharth, Delhi

No comments: