Friday, June 19

Negative or Positive?

Excerpts from a discussion on a Korean Job discussion forum. Western males talking derisively about widespread male intimacy in Korea, a non-Western country. But there are some good remarks as well.

Alright alright, let's be negative about korea then.

Fabulous original list. I am debating whether or not I can slap
that on my advanced class. Most of them are pretty humorless. Did
anyone mention the whole gay thing in Korea..as in "no gays in Korea"
haha, but we love to fondle and molest each other..but , you know , were not gay..wink wink.. Korea Herald today had an article about "Korean
male sensitivity " (read: gay). That one really gets me. The fundamental
truth in all of this (highlighted by the comment about "It's a foreigner,
he's tall, etc.") is that there is zero subtlety in Korea. Koreans simply will
not allow it. There's is a world of the obvious, and then lying and deception to obscure the glaring inconsistencies.
As for the gentleman who feels slighted by being referred to as a
guest; for me , guest is the closest association I want with this shithole.
I tell people I got lost on my way to somewhere else.

No comments: