Sunday, May 4

A glimpse of the good old days

On the bus today, I saw something that after the intense heterosexualisation of men's spaces in a metero like Delhi, I had not seen for a long time.

On board the bus, two young guys from Punjab -- from lower middle working class got on to the bus which was going from Lajpat Nagar to Sarai kale Khan. It seems, in Punjab, men's spaces are still more or less intact, for these guys, unlike Delhi's heterosexualised guys were very open about Masti, i.e. 'straight' (in western parlance) male-to-male erotic bonding.

The better looking one amongst them (the other one did not look good, but both were macho) kept teasing the other guy with sexual inuendos and kept touching him amourously all over. The other was a bit shy and just kept laughing.

He said things like, "Tu meri jhappi lai raya ye, mai teri kiss levanga!" (You're trying to embrace me -- Now I'll take your kiss!", and then he proceeded to Kiss him and the other guy playfully shoved him away.

Another thing I remember him saying was, when the second one said something like, You're a thief, you've stolen my thing..., to which the other one retorted, "I've not stolen your thing, you've stolen my thing." Upon being asked, what had he stolen from him, he point to his heart and said, "you've stolen my heart!"

And, they were so 'straight' -- which means the majority, regular guys, not one of those fem, queer, meterosexual, gay guys.

Purusharth

No comments: